After Graduation

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What are my options after graduating from this program?

Your first option is to return to your home country and use your new skills to obtain a better job with higher pay.

2. Can I stay and get OPT?

OPT will allow you to remain in the U.S. for one additional year and continue working after you complete your program. The college can assist you with applying for OPT. However, if you participate in CPT full-time for more than 12 months, you may be ineligible for OPT.

3. What about obtaining a work visa such as H-1B?

H-1B is a work visa that will allow you to stay in the U.S. for an additional three to five years and continuing working. An H-1B visa is offered through sponsoring employers and several of our students have obtained these visas after graduating due to their advanced degree and work experience with a U.S. company.

4. Can I continue studying for another degree such as a PhD?

Yes, you can continue to study in a different program after completing our program.



Curricular Practical Training is a program that allows international graduate students to receive practical training and work experience with U.S. companies while they study for a Master’s degree.

More Information


Optional Practical Training is a 12 month temporary employment authorization that provides an opportunity for graduate students who have completed or have been pursuing their degrees for more than nine months to apply knowledge acquired from their academic program to a work experience in their major field of study.

Students who have graduated from a US college or university with a specific degree in the STEM fields - science, technology, engineering and mathematics - can apply to extend their OPT for an additional 17 months, bringing their total post-graduation OPT available time up to 29 months.

More Information

Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).

Why is accreditation important?